Minutes for LSMC Culture, Diversity and Inclusion Team meeting 30th August 2020


Present: Frances Holliss, Rachael Cheang

Apologies: Yukiko Putnam, Kate Grierson, Annalie Wilson, Richard Knott

Chair: Frances Holliss

Minutes: Rachael Cheang


  • Review of community meeting & results from the straw poll


CDI feel that the first meeting went very well and that the outcome from the meeting and straw poll is clear. The next meeting is now being planned and will take place on the 5th September. Frances to email CDI members to encourage them to submit questions to maximise engagement.


  • Harvest of Peace – Saturday 26th September 2pm – 5pm


This event will include an acknowledgement of those stepping down from and into roles. Trustees: Tessa Watt stepping down, Rachael Cheang joining. Team members: David Burke (Finance), Jim O’Neill & David Morris (P&E), Hannah Gibson (CDI) stepping down, Angie Newton (H&W) joining.

Plan A: A picnic in Battersea Park, including a walk to the peace pagoda. Frances to email Tessa to ask where a suitable meeting place would be. Also, to email Jane O’Callaghan/Alex to create a Facebook event and Jez to email community.

Plan B: In case of bad weather – Indoor picnic at Centre, max 15 attendees, stream on zoom for those who can’t make it.


  • Uplifting LSMC culture


The CDI feel that it would be good to have a strategy in place to create an uplifted and positive culture moving forward. We suggest that P&E consider organising a strong online program to run between Harvest of Peace and Shambhala day and that this may include starting the levels in sequence. 


  • Next meeting


24th September @ 6pm on Zoom